31 August 1978 Autoscreener With Secondary Screener
Author Affiliations +
Proceedings Volume 0137, Airborne Reconnaissance III; (1978) https://doi.org/10.1117/12.956199
Event: 1978 Technical Symposium East, 1978, Washington, D.C., United States
Abstract
The target screener/FLIR system and its performance were reported at NAECON-77*. The target screener was designed and built by Honeywell for the Air Force in 1974. The system operated on imagery data from an AAS-27 sensor, detected man-made objects (MMOs) and cued the operator by displaying a symbol at each sector area containing MMOs. It achieved 92 percent probability of detection of MMOs and less than 3 percent probability of false alarm. In 1975-76 the target screener system was modified to accept FLIR data and for the first time detection and cueing of HMOs in FLIR imagery was demonstrated. The system achieved 95 percent probability of detection with 5 percent probability of false alarm. Last year the target screener was modified. The manual thresholds for the extraction of candidate MMOs were eliminated by autothreshold which is an automated technique to extract edges and bright signals. The modified system achieved a 91 percent probability of detection with 4.3 percent probability of false alarm. Secondary screener techniques were developed to screen targets based on true size and shape. The overall target screener system, including the secondary screener, achieved 88.5 percent probability of detection and 2 percent probability of false alarm.
© (1978) COPYRIGHT Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE). Downloading of the abstract is permitted for personal use only.
D. P. Panda, D. P. Panda, D. V. Serreyn, D. V. Serreyn, M. Geokezas, M. Geokezas, } "Autoscreener With Secondary Screener", Proc. SPIE 0137, Airborne Reconnaissance III, (31 August 1978); doi: 10.1117/12.956199; https://doi.org/10.1117/12.956199
PROCEEDINGS
9 PAGES


SHARE
RELATED CONTENT

Target Screener/Flir System
Proceedings of SPIE (August 08 1977)
Amidars High-Performance, Real-Time Display
Proceedings of SPIE (February 01 1990)

Back to Top