Rapid development of reliable high power lasers, of an instant processing of photothermoplastic film and of a computer based fringe interpretation system enables the application of holographic interferometry in industrial environment. Holographic interferometry offers some essential advantages
- non contact, inertialess measurement
- the object is not affected
- 2-dimensional image like information
- testing under practise related loading
- relevance between holographic indication and actual flaws
The key for industrial application is a computerbased fringe interpretation.