1. Submit a book proposal for acceptance.
It's important to develop a proposal before you begin writing. Use these proposal guidelines.
2. Prepare and submit your manuscript.
If you are writing a Field Guide, use this style sheet.
If you are writing a Tutorial or Monograph book, use these general manuscript guidelines.
If you are writing a Spotlight eBook, use the submission process.
3. Work with the SPIE Press production staff.
The SPIE Press production workflow (PDF).
Questions? Contact Tim Lamkins, SPIE Press Manager.
SPIE Press books reach a worldwide professional audience of scientists and engineers in optical, photonic, imaging, and optoelectronic technologies.
The benefits of publishing with SPIE Press include:
- Wide-reaching promotion to academic and industry professionals
- High production standards
- Experienced editorial and production staff
- Excellent royalties program for authors
- Contribution to the technical literature in your field
- Long-term availability and promotion of all titles
- Inclusion in the SPIE Digital Library eBooks program