Access to eBooks is limited to institutions that have purchased
or currently subscribe to the SPIE eBooks program. eBooks are not
available via an individual subscription. SPIE books (print and
digital) may be purchased individually on
Contact your librarian to recommend SPIE eBooks for your organization.
Chapter 6: Program Development and Applications of FDTD Algorithms in One Dimension
In Chapter 5 we developed basic FDTD methodologies to solve the wave equation in its various forms, but to solve other problems of interest, we need to confront various ‘devils in the details.’
• Terminating the computational boundary
• Extracting field intensity from FDTD calculations
• Simple object models on the grid
• Broadband NS-FDTD calculation
• Errors in the discrete Fourier transform methodology
• Scattered field calculation
• Discrete Green’s function methodology
Online access to SPIE eBooks is limited to subscribing institutions.