We now proceed to extend the 1D FDTD methodologies developed in Chapters 5 and 6 to two and three dimensions. With a few modifications and complications, the process is straightforward.
• Standard and nonstandard FDTD and their errors
• The computational boundary and the nonstandard Mur algorithm
• Green’s function solutions and the discrete Green’s function methodology
• The fuzzy grid representation
• The scattered field and its nonstandard FDTD model
• Validation by Mie scattering
• Detailed stability analyses
Online access to SPIE eBooks is limited to subscribing institutions.