Access to eBooks is limited to institutions that have purchased
or currently subscribe to the SPIE eBooks program. eBooks are not
available via an individual subscription. SPIE books (print and
digital) may be purchased individually on
Contact your librarian to recommend SPIE eBooks for your organization.
Chapter 7: FDTD Algorithms to Solve the Wave Equation in Two and Three Dimensions
We now proceed to extend the 1D FDTD methodologies developed in Chapters 5 and 6 to two and three dimensions. With a few modifications and complications, the process is straightforward.
• Standard and nonstandard FDTD and their errors
• The computational boundary and the nonstandard Mur algorithm
• Green’s function solutions and the discrete Green’s function methodology
• The fuzzy grid representation
• The scattered field and its nonstandard FDTD model
• Validation by Mie scattering
• Detailed stability analyses
Online access to SPIE eBooks is limited to subscribing institutions.