In the previous chapters, parameters related to targets, backgrounds, sensor systems, and atmosphere have been discussed. Information on these parameters must be obtained
- to validate model calculations,
- to determine detection and especially identification clues on the target,
- to train automatic target recognizers (ATR),
- to develop countermeasures,
- for design purposes, and
- as input for simulation models (operational research).
Online access to SPIE eBooks is limited to subscribing institutions.