1 April 1975 Optics at Perkin-Elmer
Author Affiliations +
Abstract
In this issue we present a series of papers covering optical activities at The Perkin-Elmer Corporation. The company began as a strictly optical business in the late 1930s, and has grown rapidly and continuously ever since, expanding into electronics and into peripheral areas necessary for the undertaking of developmental tasks of ever-expanding scope. It has grown from a sales volume of only a few million dollars at the beginning of World War II to a current level of over $200 million. The scope of its optically oriented business has progressed from simple optical elements and process instruments to large scale electro-optical systems, such as is exemplified by the Large Space Telescope reported on in one of the accompanying papers.
Earle B. Brown, "Optics at Perkin-Elmer," Optical Engineering 14(2), 142104 (1 April 1975). https://doi.org/10.1117/12.7978736 . Submission:
JOURNAL ARTICLE
3 PAGES


SHARE
RELATED CONTENT


Back to Top