Advanced Photonics is a highly selective, open-access, international journal that publishes innovative research in all areas of optics and photonics, including fundamental and applied research. The journal publishes top-quality original papers, letters, and review articles, reflecting significant advances and breakthroughs in theoretical and experimental research and novel applications with considerable potential.
The journal seeks high-quality, high-impact articles across the entire spectrum of optics, photonics, and related fields with specific emphasis on the following acceptance criteria:
- New concepts in terms of fundamental research with great impact and significance
- State-of-the-art technologies in terms of novel methods for important applications
- Reviews of recent major advances and discoveries and state-of-the-art benchmarking.
The journal also publishes news and commentaries highlighting scientific and technological discoveries, breakthroughs, and achievements in optics, photonics, and related fields.
Research areas covered include, but are not limited to:
- Photonic devices and systems for communications
- Photonics for clean energy
- Photonics in chemistry, biology, and medicine
- Optical imaging, metrology, and sensors
- Photonics for data storage, data manipulation, and displays
- Materials, artificial materials, and nanostructures for photonics
- Photonics in quantum technologies
- Nonlinear and ultrafast optics
- Optoelectronics and optical information processing
- Optical manipulation techniques, optomechanics, and optofluidics
- Professional copyediting and typesetting
- Waived open access fee (through June 2022)
- Rapid, article-at-a-time publication
- Free inclusion of video and multimedia content
- Free inclusion of software code and data via Code Ocean, a cloud-based code development and publishing platform
Advanced Photonics uses the ScholarOne review system. If you are interested in reviewing for Advanced Photonics, please create an account here. If you have already been an author or reviewer for Advanced Photonics (and/or for Chinese Optics Letters or High Power Laser Science and Engineering) in the past, you will already have an account. Once you have logged in, you may update your contact information and areas of expertise in the system.
Co-Publishers : SPIE and Chinese Laser Press
Publisher locations: Bellingham, Washington, USA; Shanghai, China
Frequency: Article-at-a-time publication; Bimonthly issues (6 issues/year)
Year Established: 2019
Access: All articles are Gold Open Access; published under Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license
Authors of accepted papers are required to pay an article processing charge of $1675 (waived for manuscripts submitted by 30 June 2022). Discounts may apply. Click here for more details.
- Web of Science (SCIE), Impact Factor:* 13.582
- Scopus, CiteScore™ 2021: 13.8
- Ei Compendex
*Source: Clarivate Analytics, Journal Citation Reports (2022)
For information about how to sign up to receive Publication Alerts, please click here.
For questions about submissions and peer review, contact the Chinese Laser Press staff:
For questions about the publication process for accepted papers, contact the SPIE staff:
Video introduction to the journal
Read the inaugural issue press release here.