The Journal of Applied Remote Sensing (JARS) is an online journal that optimizes the communication of concepts, information, and progress within the remote sensing community to improve the societal benefit for monitoring and management of natural disasters, weather forecasting, agricultural and urban land-use planning, environmental quality monitoring, ecological restoration, and numerous other commercial and scientific applications.
Special Section on CubeSats and NanoSats for Remote Sensing
Guest Editors: Thomas Pagano and Charles Norton
JARS presents awards for research papers published in 2018
The awards recognize interdisciplinary applications, theoretical innovation, and photo-optical instrumentation and design.
Video introduction to the journal
- Rigorous, prompt peer review
- Rapid, e-first publication of articles
- Professional copyediting and typesetting
- Free online color figures
- Free inclusion of video and multimedia content
- 5 free downloads from the SPIE Digital Library for authors
- Open access publication option at a low cost
- Eligibility for annual best paper award
- Integration with Code Ocean, a cloud-based code development and publishing platform
Receive Email Alerts