The Journal of Biomedical Optics (JBO) is an open access journal that publishes peer-reviewed papers on the use of novel optical systems and techniques for improved health care and biomedical research.
Selective retina therapy monitoring by speckle variance optical coherence tomography for dosimetry control
S. Lee et al.
Catechin reduces phototoxic effects induced by protoporphyrin IX-based photodynamic therapy in the chick embryo chorioallantoic membrane
Joniová and Wagnières
Video introduction to the journal
- Rigorous, prompt peer review (median time from submission to first decision: 27 days)
- Rapid publication of articles (median time from acceptance to publication: 22 days)
- Professional copyediting and typesetting
- Immediate gold open access for all published papers
- NIH-funded articles deposited into PubMed Central at no charge
- Integration with Code Ocean, a cloud-based code development and publishing platform
- 5 free downloads from the SPIE Digital Library
Receive Email Alerts