Calls for Papers
Regular papers: Submissions of regular papers are always welcome.
Special section papers: Open calls for papers are listed below. A cover letter indicating that the submission is intended for a particular special section should be included with the paper.
To submit a paper, please prepare the manuscript according to the journal guidelines and use the online submission system. All papers will be peer‐reviewed in accordance with the journal's established policies and procedures. Authors who pay the voluntary page charges will receive the benefit of open access.
University of Arizona
College of Optical Sciences, USA
Optical MEMS devices are among the key components for LIDAR for autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots as well as for consumer devices such as cell phones and tablets. For successful adoption of MEMS devices for commercial and industrial LIDAR applications, it is critical to promote research and development of optical MEMS devices while incorporating a system point of view, such as a seamless and efficient integration of peripheral components along with MEMS.
In this special section on MEMS LIDAR, we welcome papers addressing theoretical, experimental, and scientific concepts advancing all aspects of the state of the art of optical MEMS-based LIDAR. The topic includes but is not limited to:
- Simulation and modeling of MEMS devices for LIDAR
- Design, fabrication, and evaluation of MEMS devices
- Digital micromirror devices for LIDAR
- MEMS devices for LIDAR light sources
- Implementation and demonstration of MEMS LIDAR systems
- MEMS devices for large areas, angular throw, and speed
- Large-scale MEMS for improved LIDAR performance
- Control electronics of MEMS LIDAR
- Optical design for MEMS LIDAR
- Detectors for MEMS LIDAR
- MEMS array for LIDAR
- Modulation of wavefronts by MEMS for LIDAR
- Analysis, experiment, and evaluation of robustness of MEMS-based LIDAR for automotive applications
- ADAS systems with MEMS LIDAR
- Alternative approaches
All papers will undergo the standard peer-review process for the Journal of Optical Microsystems. Manuscripts should be submitted to SPIE according to the journal guidelines. A cover letter indicating that the submission is intended for this special section should be included. For more information, please contact the guest editor at email@example.com. Papers are published as soon as they are accepted for publication and final proofs are approved. Early submission is encouraged.